Wednesday, December 15, 2010

How Long To Wait To Shave After Waxing

Cain hate

I really liked this book, Cain, Jose Saramago . I've read almost in one sitting, it is very short, and is very well written (but the latter is a truism.)


guess it's partly because I know well the stories of the old testament had a small collection of picture books I read over and over time: called Bible children. And because terror has always given me turning into a pillar of salt. Yes, the story of Lot's wife who turns to see how burned Sodom and Gomorrah - "do not look back," says God - and so without more, it becomes salt. He did not say they might do something bad, just not look.


What happens if you turn into salt? You die, I guess. But what if you die? And if you get there, standing, watching everyone else leave, unable to move or speak, or say goodbye. At the end I guess you get rid, when it rains, so I thought while reading The Bible children. "Would hurt much disintegrate in the rain? In the desert, it never rains, said to me, but that only prolonged the sentence, may not feel anything, perhaps only remained bound to watch. It's a terrible story, anyway, especially because a lot when this happens, give a damn. He goes on, so richly. And I was sure, come on, convencidísima, that could not avoid looking back and looking ...

If you thought, once, something like to meet you the Old Testament, read this book. Saramago said that he wrote with the intention of "disquiet" . For me, however, has meant reading a great relief.

0 comments:

Post a Comment