Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Chesters Hot Fries Halal

2008/ZAO/"Ethnic 3" [Live]

few months ago I published as a compilation disc exclusive footage of the French saxophonist Yoch'o Seffer , which included songs from his solo repertoire. But even longer ago I shared an album of his project ZAO, famous for being the first bands worldwide to zeuhl, and incidentally also for its virtuosity.
But when I searched the last direct ZAO was nowhere internet side, so one day I go to a store relatively close and I finally live with this, where the duo Seffer-Cahen not only re-located, but to be reinvented.
My first thought was "sure sounds the same jazz-rock of the late stage, so it must buy", but the French trio I was surprised when I saw that they had changed direction, a new musical direction that was needed in his career. And then rang this concert took months trying to define a genre that does not exist, because if they sound good here with the genius of improvisation Seffer sax, there's also incorporate some counted tribal percussion and synthesizers with certain environmental purposes.
There are links to the jazzy classical tradition, some key rhythms and some sax and piano melodies, but the experimental factor and effective blend gives them a huge weight that moves away from the cloud. The information is on the Internet about this album is quite limited, and the booklet that I have not understand anything that is written in French. But my guess is that there are two options: either all the material part of new compositions or are scores that never saw the light. I am inclined at first, since this music has little to do with the studio albums.
Although generally recommend this album to more than a proghead jazzhead, I think any unbiased person could enjoy this concert, as can be heard, and most of the time it commands a stunning musical consistency.

(megaupload link on the homepage and in the comments)
EXCLUSIVITY OF JAZZ-ROCK PROGRESSIVE PRIVATE AND WORLDWIDE


Track List 1. Traditions (0:37)
2. Irgalom (6:36)
3. Morea (9:28)
4. Felix (6:30)
5. Treble (6:20)
6. Elec-Trop (9:05)
7. Padirac (3:47)
8. Ethnic (6:57)
9. Traditions (0:37)

Line-up
François Causse - drums, percussion
Yoch'ko Seffer - soprano and tenor sax, flute, tarogato, sonic sculpture
Faton Cahen - piano, synth bass, Roland synthesizer

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment