Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Mere Naam Joker Simi Garewal





Botchan, chronicles the (mis) adventures of a teacher in Tokyo, sent to practice in a school in the remote island of Shikoku, both students, real wild panda, as peculiar faculty, will make life impossible.
In I'm a cat, a cheeky kitten is applied to describe, with wit and good humor, as is the house where he lives - his master is a teacher of English literature, and the grotesque characters that visit. Both have been published in Castilian, estoppel.


Reading both Botchan as I'm a cat, I could not help but think of Dickens, especially the latter to me like a kind of Picwick Club Papers of the Meiji Era, albeit with the more leisurely style, almost static - the same that apply to the cinema, the Japanese do not know if what I say makes sense, but this has been my impression. And despite my love for cats, I liked the first.

But what amazes me about this writer is that, when read, I have the feeling that it cost him no effort to compose text that is, everything is simple: the succession of facts and descriptions, what happens to the characters, who speak and hear, the images. Everything. And it is not simple, no, leed, for example, this expression of the Cat: "The autumn leaves, swirling in two or three floors of scarlet among the pine trees have fallen as ancient dreams." In short, perfection without artifice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment